Need help doing something on ShogunGamer.com? This is where you can learn how to navigate and use various features we offer. If you think something should be added to this list let us know by using our site contact form.
All available tags are displayed below any comment box. They change with a users access level (Moderators and Editors may have different options then egular users).
At the bottom of any comment or forum post, you will see a QUOTE button. Clicking this will automatically post that person message within quote tags for you. However, if you wish to manually quote someone (handy for multiple quotes) you may use quote tags.
[.quote=persons name (optional)] or [.quote]
Put what you would like to quote here
In order to show you the code, we had to add in the red periods. When we Remove the red periods it will look like this:
Whatever they said here.
Spoiler tags work the same way, just replace the [.quote] with [.spoiler]. Use these to hide comments that will reveal major plot points, game endings or NSFW (Not Safe for Work) material.
Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers father.
By removing the Red Periods you can see the proper display:
Embedding objects such as flash videos (YouTube, MySpace , Vimeo etc) into posts is a very handy feature on Shogun Gamer and there are two ways you can do it.
- Use the [HTML] button in the comment tool bar. Simply click it, paste your code where you want it and click [UPDATE].
- Click "Disable rich-text" on the bottom left-hand side and paste in your code. Click "Enable rich-text" when you're done.
**NOTE: The Rich-text editor will not display embedded video inside of it and appear blank. To check if it is working Preview your post or view the HTML to insure it is working.**
Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that. While we encourage you to post your own reviews in the forums or to your profile, being featured on the main page is reserved for staff and contributing writers who have been asked to do so. This policy allows us to quality control what we officially endorse.
If you are a writer who is interested in becoming a contributor to the main page, please use our site contact form. Let us know BEFORE you start writing an article. We wouldn't want you to put in a bunch of effort crafting a great article that is already being covered by another staff member, or that we are not able to post for other reasons.
Usually we invite long time active members to become moderators. However, if you haven't been asked and you would like to apply please use the site contact form. Moderators are volunteers, but will be first in line for any promo swag, beta codes and other cool stuff we have to hand out.
We are always looking for new editors, columnists and journalists. If you are interested in joining the ShogunGamer team please send us a sample of your writing and qualifications. We will contact you back as soon as possible. Typically, we will ask potential staff member to write a sample review, news story or column as a test run and allow us to walk you through our system.
Requirements for staff:
- Very basic understanding (or willingness to learn) Photoshop (A copy wil be provided to you if you do not have one).
- Ability to communicate promptly through your provided ShogunGamer.com email address and MSN or Yahoo messenger.
- Able to read & write English at a high school level. (College preferred)
- Basic understanding of digital video formats (.flv, wmv, .mov etc)
- Simple HTML formating.
- Ability to capture video game footage via capture card or PVR.
- Basic understanding of video editing (Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Preferred - iMovie and Windows Movie maker acceptable)
- Advanced Photoshop and graphic skills are a MAJOR asset to us.