Usually we invite long time active members to become moderators. However, if you haven't been asked and you would like to apply please use the site contact form. Moderators are volunteers, but will be first in line for any promo swag, beta codes and other cool stuff we have to hand out.
We are always looking for new editors, columnists and journalists. If you are interested in joining the ShogunGamer team please send us a sample of your writing and qualifications. We will contact you back as soon as possible. Typically, we will ask potential staff member to write a sample review, news story or column as a test run and allow us to walk you through our system.
Requirements for staff:
- Very basic understanding (or willingness to learn) Photoshop (A copy wil be provided to you if you do not have one).
- Ability to communicate promptly through your provided ShogunGamer.com email address and MSN or Yahoo messenger.
- Able to read & write English at a high school level. (College preferred)
- Basic understanding of digital video formats (.flv, wmv, .mov etc)
- Simple HTML formating.
- Ability to capture video game footage via capture card or PVR.
- Basic understanding of video editing (Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Preferred - iMovie and Windows Movie maker acceptable)
- Advanced Photoshop and graphic skills are a MAJOR asset to us.