Microsoft announced today details for the very first batch of downloadable content for Epic Games' Gears of War 3 will hitting the Xbox Live Marketplace on November 1st called Gears of War 3: The Horde Command Pack.
The Horde Command Pack will bring 3 new multiplayer maps, new fortification upgrades, two new weapon skins, three new playable multiplayer characters and new achievements to unlock that will boost your Gamerscore by 250 points.
The DLC pack will be available to download for 800 Microsoft Points or for those who purchased the Gears of War 3 Season Pass will be able to download The Horde Command Pack as part of the first four game add-ons deal at 33% off regular price.
The Season Pass is still available to purchase for 2400 Microsoft Points if you are interested in getting the Horde Command Pack and the next three Gears of War 3 DLC at a discounted price.
Horde Command Pack Info:
- Blood Drive: The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung: Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship's Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura: This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera's educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New Fortification Details:
- Command Center: A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade: A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade: This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade: This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
New Weapon Skins:
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo